How much do I love candles?! Let me count the ways…
Kidding aside…I have always loved “smell good stuff” in my home. I think I have them all – plug ins, oil warmers, sprays and my personal favorite – candles! There’s just something soothing and romantic about lighting candles. It instantly transforms the atmosphere in any room – which is why I have always been a candle fanatic!
I love “matching” my candles to what season it is but I have to say that my favorite ones are the fall and winter scents from Bath and Body Works. When I saw that this “colder season” staple of mine was included in my Influenster’s Beauty Bloggers Voxbox 2012, I was in “smell good heaven” because not only did they give me a mini candle for free…they also included a coupon that I could use to purchase up to 5 candles at a discounted rate.
Hurray for the candle aficionado in me!
PHOTO ABOVE: I was supposed to use these in December – in time for the Christmas Season. However, I love these scents so much and couldn’t help but light them – which explains why they’re all used up now! “Sparkling Icicles” has that clean, winter smell that I am absolutely in love with. When I have this scent lit up, I am reminded of pine trees, snow…and Christmas! “Frosted Cranberry”, on the other hand, has that fun/festive berry scent that I really like. It has the right amount of tang and does not smell overly sweet – it’s definitely worth checking out, y’all!
PHOTO ABOVE: “Nutmeg and Spice” was the mini candle that Influenster included in my Voxbox. Most of the candles that I purchase from BBW are made by Slatkin & Co. but this one is by White Barn. The smell of this candle is absolutely divine – it smells like pastries, cakes and desserts. It has the same undertones as Vanilla Snowflake (another winter favorite of mine)…with hints of its namesake coming through (nutmeg and spice).
PROS AND PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- The packaging of these candles are awesome. They look like home décor even without candle sleeves!
- The quality of the candles are stellar. The smell is great from the first time you light it up ‘til the very last drop of wax in the container.
- There’s no “candle wax smell” when you light these babies up. That’s probably one of the reasons why I prefer BBW Candles over the less expensive ones that you normally find in stores or groceries.
- Bath and Body Works offers good customer service – and on those rare occasions that you don’t like how a candle you picked out smells like, you can always go back and get it replaced with another scent. It happened to me when I picked out the “Pineapple and Mango” scent. It just didn’t work out for my smellers so I took it back and had it replaced hassle-free. Customer Service can make or break a product – so kudos to BBW coz y’all are doing a wonderful job on keeping your customers happy and satisfied!
- It is pricier than some candle brands out in the market – but BBW always has great sales and coupons! Also, the price is at par with the quality that you’re getting…so I’m a happy customer, regardless.
WOULD I PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN?
I’ve been a Bath and Body Works gal for years on end…and their candles are one (out of many) of my favorite items from their store. So without a shadow of a doubt…I will buy their candles again…and again…and again. I’m sure y’all get the point – lol!
DISCLAIMER: I did not purchase all of these products. Some were sent to me by Influenster for review and blogging purposes. The other candles were purchased at a very discounted rate using coupons sent by Influenster. I’m just a regular consumer and I appreciate honest feedback about products that regular people like me use on a daily basis or consider buying. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.