I received this NYC Individual Eyes Palette from Influenster, and it’s one of the many amazing products inside the Beauty Bloggers Voxbox 2012. It was a pretty interesting kit, because it had all the essential eye products that you’ll need in one compact palette.
I have always been loyal to my favorite high end brands – so naturally, I didn’t know if I’d like this product/brand or not. Also, some of the product were all over the palette (may have been caused by shipping), so I did not know what to expect as far as the quality goes. I have never used this brand before so I was also very interested in the pigmentation of each individual eye shadow color.
Pros and Product Highlights:
- The suggested retail price for this palette is $4.99 – very affordable!
- It has 4 eye shadows that were respectively labeled (contouring, highlight, crease) according to how/where they should be used which makes it ideal for pros and beginners alike.
- This little palette also comes with an eye base/primer and an illuminator. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at how these two components work – the quality is good! I have been using the illuminator on my face as well, as part of my “contouring” routine. I really like it!
- The eye shadows are highly pigmented – what you see is what you get.
- The colors don’t flake or bleed around the eye area when used in conjunction with the eye base/primer and MAC’s Fix Plus. It smudges/bleeds under the eyes a wee bit (where I like putting extra color before using a kohl pencil to line my lower lash area – hope I made sense!) if you don’t use setting sprays like Fix Plus or Skindinavia.
DISCLAIMER: I did not purchase any of these products. They were sent to me by Influenster for review and blogging purposes. I’m just a regular consumer and I appreciate honest feedback about products that regular people like me use on a daily basis or consider buying. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.